Thursday, December 21, 2006

Accepted

Accepted is a teen comedy about facing rejection from college. It stars Justin Long, Lewis Black, and Jonah Hill. It was released in theatres nationwide on August 18, 2006. The movie is set in Ohio, but was filmed on the campus of Chapman University in Orange, California.

Plot

Bartleby "B" Gaines was rejected by every college he applied to. After recognizing the true disappointment of his parents, he counsels with other rejected friends. Together they decide to create their own college in order to fool their parents into believing they had been accepted. Thus, the South Harmon Institute of Technology (S.H.I.T.) is born. The friend's plans go awry when the fake website they created leads to the acceptance of several hundred prospective students. Having to deal with burnout students, nosy parents, a deranged and angry dean, and the "big sister" school, Harmon University, Bartleby must find a way to prove the true educational value S.H.I.T. has to offer.

Style

This movie was the first truly funny teen comedy I have seen in a long time. I have liked Justin Long since his beginnings on Ed, and he continued to play the awkward teen role flawlessly. Lewis Black was cast perfectly and was given the chance to release his angry views on society. Good casting and a well-written script combined to keep the entire film funny. I also liked the musical selections of popular alternative rock ranging from Green Day to The Hives. An interesting fact: this film used the word "shit" more than any other PG-13 movie. Overall, I would recommend Accepted to anyone ages 16-25.

Score

4 out of 5

5 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that movie was pretty shweet...I enjoyed it...I mean who doesn't like S.H.I.T?!? lol...c ya

<3Ashley

 
At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

time for a new post? i think so.

 
At 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel complete now that i know
what movie says shit more than any other pg 13 movie.
wow my life is changed! :D

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha u need new posts

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

make your header a link to your main page plz... and step on it. I want to read your articles and see your comments but it's a pain in the butt. I don't agree morally with the back button. Ever pressing onward.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home